Up to 10-12 kg. of product per batch
- 20L boiling flask holds up to 12L (10-12kg) of product per batch
- Increase in surface area and volume
- Has the power to output 1-2L per hour during main body fraction
Dual-head distillation, double the output.
This unit is equipped with (2) distillation heads that have the ability to run simultaneously. This outstanding design allows for the output of 2-4 L per hour (or more) depending on the parameters.
Surprisingly small footprint.
Per square foot, this is the most powerful kit we've ever produced. It has significant upgrades in both output and efficiency which will allow higher production volumes in a smaller space.
Previous dual-head systems (5L and 12L legacy kits) took up an excessive amount of space and required significantly more tubing/hose connections to both sides. The design of this system solves a variety of the issues present in other models.
Greater efficiency, simplified design.
Here are some common issues with other large-format distillation kits:
- Drops in efficiency caused by residue build up in tubing
- Differences in tubing lengths cause one head to run faster than the other
- One distillation head may have a seam at the mantle causing unequal heating of the heads
Our 20L system offers solutions to nearly all of these Issues!
- Full-bore Only Design - no tubing/hoses for vacuum connections anywhere on the system
- Utilizes air condenser to create an area of pressure drop prior to exiting to the Y-manifold
- Maximizes molecular flow conductivity from condensers through the cold trap
KF25 Flexible Y-Manifold
- Eliminates variability in distance to vacuum pump
- Shrinks bench top space down to the size of a 12L system
- Single KF25 connection to cold trap/vacuum pump
- High conductance of molecular flow from both sides of the system into the cold trap
- Ability to achieve high-vacuum levels within the system due to conductance
Dual Heads Running in Parallel, Rather than Opposing:
- Simple tee connections for condensers, short length of hose
- Lattice rack runs through the center of system creating a "mirror" setup
- Seam on Top Mantle Located on the Back, Away from Distillation Heads
- No variance in top mantle heating area surrounding each distillation head
Additional Key Features:
- As long as the system is level from front to back (a view from the side is necessary), heads will run within a few degrees of each other - so no more playing with one head going faster than the other
- Dual-point vacuum sensing - one on the system, one at the pump
- You can now see the variance between system pressure and pump pressure, to determine cold trap efficiency and pump integrity.
- A single-point vacuum measurement on the system gives more accurate pressure measurements
- Simple vacuum release on one of the distillation heads
- Swing arm usability via utilizing extra clamps - to mount 5L recovery flasks upward during the start of distillation for primary fractions
- The condenser GL cap and boiling flask Rodaviss caps are now rated for high temperatures up to 250 degree Celsius
- Compatability with Modular Condenser Kits (MCK) for secondary separations, etc.